Wednesday, May 26, 2010

To be Collected. 45

 The ancestral home of the Collectors is a large piece of land about the size of a small city. All manner of creatures had been kept here behind enchanted walls to keep them in. All that changed after the two senior members of the family were caught and punished for there crimes against the magical beings and creatures of the world. Pelis was now a freak in the zoo of Tir Na. His brother Cam, Jandar wasn't quite sure what had happen to him. All he knew was that the Centaurs had taken him away after he had killed one of the children. But this is Toric Norstin's tale, and he was different then his father and uncle. He didn't collect, his task was to protect. All his life he did what he could to hide and free things his family captured. Early in his life his father had given him the job of feeding his collection. So he would learn all about each and everything they collected and tried his best to free them when he could. But it had backfired, when he was caught freeing a pair of dog men. His father beat him severely. But it didn't stop him. Toric saw how much these beings and animals wished to be free. He vowed never to trap anything. No animals and never a sentinel being.
The sun had just peaked over the trees as Toric stepped out to greet the new day. It was a strangely silent day. No bird were singing, no animals came running out to meet him. Toric had a strange feeling of gloom and despair as he walked into the garden. He looked around wondering what was wrong. He could feel something out there, something that was a threat to him and his family and home. Summoning a power ball he walked on. Toric scanned from left to right moving carefully. But nothing moved as he searched. He walked on and over the bridge that spanned the lake. On the other side he saw something lying on the edge of the bridge. As he moved closer he could see it was two of his guards. They were both dead. There bodies totally drained of blood and life. They looked burned. Toric bent to check them. They weren't burned, they were desiccated, drained of life. He jumped back up. What the hell is going on? Not ever vampires killed like this. Something has crossed this bridge. They must have headed for the house. God, please let the wards stop whatever it is from getting in. Toric ran back across the bridge and sent out a call to his guardians to come to his aid. In there cave, two manicores heads came up. They heard the call and both bolted from the cave running at top speed to help there friend. All of the animals and folk that lived here were here by choice. There were no bars or cages here. Everything lived here freely. Back it the house Toric was met by his friends the Manticores.
"Stay with me." He told them. At his side they entered the house. On the first floor there was the dinning hall, Toric's study and magical library, living quarters for his staff. There was the kitchen and pantries. and other common rooms. They searched each room one by one. They found all the staff dead in the same way as the guards. Toric now was worried about his family. Something was obviously in here. They came to the stairs and ran up, heading for his mother and sisters apartments. Outside his sister Tessa's room they found another dead guard. Toric again summoned a power ball and he and the manticores crept quietly forward. His mothers rooms were next. Suddenly both the cores began to growl. There was someone in there and it wasn't his mother. Some kind of smoke and a strange smell seemed to fill the room. Toric waved his hand in front of him and magically pushed the smoke back. Then he heard the voice.
"Come in Collector"
Toric stepped boldly in carrying the power ball with his Manticores roaring at his side. In front of him stood a man dressed in black. Toric knew who he was. He had been dreading his arrival since the war began. He hoped his spells had hidden his home, but he guessed that was not to be.
"What do you want here?" Toric asked. "I have no quarrel with you."
"It doesn't work that way young Collector. I take what I want. And I want you to do something for me."
Polan Dressek smiled his evil grin at him.
"And if I refuse?"
The manticores took a step forward toward Polan.
"If you want them alive, they wont move again."
Polan held up his hand and dark energy shone out from it. The room darkened and all the smoke began to combine into a cloud which came down to the floor and took a form. It became a beautiful woman with glowing eyes.
"Ahh my beautiful Velusia!!!"
Smoke wisping from her hair and around her shapely body. Velusia stepped forward and took Polans hand as he held it out for her.
"My Lord." She smiled.
"I trust your appetites have been filled?"
"I thirst no more for now." She told him.
"Velusia, Meet the young Collector." Polan said. "His father and I were good friends. He's going to be doing a job for us."
Velusia walked down to Toric smiling and circled him. Her hand went to his face and traced a line along his cheek. How she loved leaving her burning mark on men's faces. Toric drew back from her burning touch rubbing the scar she made.
"Ahh!! You don't like her touch?" Polan laughed. "I doubt your mother or sister will like it either. I'm sure your guards didn't."
"You have my family? Where are they? Tell me?"
Sensing his distress the two manticores seemed ready to launch themselves at the pair. Toric heard them back.
"They're fine." Polan said. " They're enjoying my hospitality and will be back here after you finish what I want you to do."
"And what is that?"
"Use you powers to collect and bring the dragon Rage and his mate Jandar Tyr to me."
Polan pulled his vampire back to him and kissed her cheek.
"You should have no problem with that. Jandar turned you father into a freak."
"Savages?" Toric shouted. You could see the hate in Toric's eyes. He wanted so much to fight Polan.
"My father killed one of there children. I hope he's still screaming in his cell. And he makes a better beast then a man. A cage is where he belongs."
"And your mother?" Polan asked. "Does she deserve to be turned to an undead thing?"
Everything drained from his face. His mother was an innocent, so was his sister. They weren't guilty of anything but protecting him all his life.
"You just made an enemy that wont stop until you are in the ground." Toric said. "I'll do want you want. But you better not harm them."
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!" Polan laughed. "I've been in the ground before. And what's another enemy to me? Just another body. Come Darling, we're going home. Just remember. Bring them to my mountain home. I'm sure you'll have no problem finding it."
With that Velusia dissolved into smoke and took to the winds.
"You have three days." Polan said as he walked out into the yard. "Don't disappoint them."
Polan spread his arms and shifted into Shadoe. He roared and jumped into the air and flew off into the night.

Jandar had been sitting and listening to Torics story, Cutter and Jayce by his side. Rage had woken up in time to hear the whole thing,Cheshire was lying next to Shayn as he listened to.
"And that's my story." Toric said. "Instead of hunting you, I put myself and my family in your hands. I know there's no reason you should believe me. But I'm hoping you give me a chance."
Rage got up off the bed and stood next to Jandar.
"Come with me." Together they walked on of the room to talk.
"What do you think?" Jandar asked him.
[He's telling the truth.] Cutter sent.
[I feel it too.] Jayce sent.
[I smell Polan in this room. He's been here.] Shayn sent.
"Jandar, its up to you." Rage said. "But I think we should help."
[Jandar, This is not the Collector we fought before.] Jayce told his brother. [I don't feel any of the malice in him at all.]
[I'm glad your ok. We help him] Jandar reached out and pulled Rage into his arms and a deep kiss.
"Always." Rage said.
[I'll always love you.] Jandar smiled and led Rage back into the room where Toric waited.
"You have our help." He said. "We'll do whatever we can to free your mother and sister."
"Thank you all."
"We'll need everyone for this." Jandar said. "I think its time to end Polan's rule over us."

No comments:

Post a Comment